CASTELLAS DE MONTPEYROUX

CASTELLAS DE MONTPEYROUX

Castellas de Montpeyroux
castellas de montpeyroux © Piquart Benoit - OTI-SGVH

Clinging to the slope of a verdant hill, the Castellas de Montpeyroux has been keeping watch over the little village of Montpeyroux below for centuries.
Built in 1070 by a descendent of Saint Guilhem, the Castellas de Montpeyroux was partially destroyed by the English in 1384 during the Hundred Years’ War. It was abandoned at the end of the 15th century.

Inscrit aux monuments historiques

Address

MONTPEYROUX
34150 MONTPEYROUX

GPS coordinates : 43.7056978 / 3.51037938

Means of communication

  • Fixed telephone : +33 4 67 57 58 83
  • Email address : oti@saintguilhem-valleeherault.fr

Means of communication (reservation)

  • Fixed telephone : +33 4 67 57 58 83
  • Email address : sejour@saintguilhem-valleeherault.fr

Open

from 01/01/2026 to 31/12/2026

Free entry

yes

Group tours

  • permanent free visits
  • guided tours on request
  • educational visits on request

Individual visits

  • permanent free visits
  • guided tours on request

Laguage guided tour

Français

Animals accepted

yes

Equipement

  • Car park

Groups

Reception of groups : no